Monday, January 26, 2015

Keshi

On my schedule, I set up time for character conversations. But to do that, I'm going to have to introduce you to some of my characters. So, without further ado, I present:
Keshi Ala
 
A solemn Keshi.
 
__________
 
Hello! I'm Keshi Ala, as you probably guessed. Everyone calls me Kay, so it's fine if you prefer that. I like that better myself, for some reason. Short and to the point, like me. Well, I'm not actually that short. Also, the pictures a bit off. My eyes are actually brown, my skin is tanner, and my hair's not that dark- sorry, I have a tendency to obsess over small details. It's hereditary, I s'pose.
 
I'm an Earth Akarei, which means that I get to control dirt. Glorious dirt, right? Actually, I specialize in trees and plants, but soil is a close second. My author says that I have a "green thumb", whatever that means. I spend a lot of time in the sun, especially out with the dragons. I'm not as good with them as the Sky Akas, but I'm not so bad. Xiuhcoatl sure likes me, at least. Xi is a mini dragon. I keep him in my room, although technically I'm not supposed to. But the rules are there for the breaking, right? (Don't answer that.)
 
I'm an adventure girl. I love trekking out in the forest, which is really close to our facility. Ember - you'll meet her soon enough - comes with me sometimes. Thing is, I'm an extroverted person, but I can't find people that love the forest as much as I do. There are other Akas like me, of course, but... I don't know, really. Usually, I just tend to bring a dragon out with me. They're not all huge, you know. They vary a lot.
 
Let's see.... I enjoy sword-fighting with my friend Brook (you don't know him either). That rush of adrenaline, excitement, and fast pace just gets my blood going. It's awesome. I'm pretty handy with a sword, but we all learn those talents. Not to boast, but I'm like one of the best of the best. But just with swords. Put anything else in my hand, and I'm sure to drop it.
 
What else should you know about me? I'm a sucker for animals. Like seriously. I mentioned Xi, right? Well, in addition to him, I have Kathe, my bduhave, which is basically a cat, but with powers and stuff, and Aisa and Dillon, my dogs. Then me and my buds go and visit the Fyqsa, which are shape-shifting sand devils. Fun, right? We also visit their Animals, but the Fyqsa is mine.
 
I like designs. I've got these cool markers, and I'll draw designs on my pants. It's fun, because I'm not supposed to. Our uniforms are supposed to be plain white so it isn't "distracting". Who cares? They make me wash it out, but I just draw them in again. Sometimes in class, I'll do something on my arm, too. Then I just get Alix to scrub it out again. She's a Wa- oh, she'll probably want to tell you that herself.
 
That's me. So if you want to chat sometime, or go hang out, I'd love to have you. I've got to go. Xiuhcoatl gets pretty angry when he's not fed. Bye!
__________
 
There you have it! Keshi Ala from my current novel, Immortal Fire. I hope you enjoyed meeting Kay, and I'll be back later with some more of my characters!
If you have any questions for her, post it down in the comments! She'd love to answer your questions (kind of being a sucker for attention), but, I'm warning you, there might be some stuff she'll keep to herself.

-Autumn


No comments:

Post a Comment